We aim to provide you with a first class service alongside our first class products, you are very important to us.
- All information supplied is only used to enable us to process your order more efficiently. Under no circumstances is it passed to a third party.
- All the glass items we sell are handmade by Liam Carey and, by the very nature of handmade work, there will be slight variations characteristic of handmade glass. We undertake a stringent quality control process and pride ourselves on quality. The images we have taken are true images and have not been processed. Please read the descriptions carefully about the products and size information, the images do not represent scale and although a true picture, colouring will vary depending on screen resolution. If in doubt please talk to us for more information.
- All door knobs are turning door knobs unless stated you want them fixed and come with a 19/64Ē (7.6mm) spindle and screws. If you prefer the 8mm spindle please let us know or if your lock system needs a different size spindle please let us know as we can provide whatever size spindle you need. If you are ordering locks then they will be supplied with the compatible 5/16Ē (8mm) spindle and screws. They are for internal use, if you want them for external doors please notify us. Door knobs will be provided for mortise knobs, we make rim locks but these will need to be specified when ordering. If you have large pre hole bored doors please check sizing the back plate is 2Ē and will need to be screwed onto the door, if the hole is larger than this you may well need the assistance of a carpenter to fit. Cabinet knobs come with a threaded bar, nut and washer. They are fully functional door furniture. Many DIY enthusiasts will be able to easily fit our door furniture, although if you are not confident with fittings then assistance may be required. If in any doubt please telephone us and we will be happy to help. Please check carefully that your doors and locks are suitable for door knobs, not all doors are. There needs to be enough clearance for hands to turn them, without catching on any surrounds, again please contact us if in any doubt. We also sell a complementary range of handmade in the UK locks which are fully compatible with our glass knobs. If you prefer some home grown US locks we will be happy to provide you with a list of US lock and latch manufacturers. We are specialists in what we do so please feel free to discuss options with us.
- Brass will patina over time and dull down but will shine again if a brass cleaner is used. Silver finishes will also tarnish over time and will need cleaning to stay a brilliant white color. Nickel and chrome stay fairly consistent we do not guarantee the wear and tear of applied and natural metal finishes.
- We aim to provide your goods within in a reasonable time, if we need to make specifically for your order you will be notified. For products on a brass finish they will be sent out within 1 week, for a plated finish approx 2 weeks. This is a guide and in some cases will be shorter, you will be notified if timescales will be longer. We do take the odd holiday but will let you know if this will affect your timescales.
- We are happy to send samples, we will take your card information which we will not process unless the items are not returned or returned damaged. Please ensure samples are well wrapped when returning them and there is no glass to glass contact. Samples must be returned within 2 weeks and shipping is the customerís responsibility.
- As our work is custom made and often made to exact customer requirements returns must be discussed with us. Customers will be charged any plating, shipping and a 20% re-stocking fee for unwanted items. We would prefer to provide samples first if there are any doubt about colors, styles or finishes.
- Any damages must be reported straight away to us and we will then discuss their return. Upon inspection of the goods we will then advise of all options.
- Payment must be made in full before the goods are sent. We will NOT be liable for any import duties or taxes as this will be your responsibility.
We accept all major credit and debit cards. Payment is converted from $ís to £ís
- On receipt of your order, we will make contact with you and arrange to take payment over the telephone.
- Merlin Glass processes itís payments through Streamline and hold the full PCI DSS compliance through Trustkeeper, further details can be made available on request.
- Once we receive your payment, we will advise you via email that the transaction has gone through.
Prices and Availability
- All prices on this website are up to date. Inevitably, prices and availability may change over time.